Wednesday, 2 August 2017

6 Things I Didn't Expect - Pregnancy

Hi Everyone,

Today I wanted to make a post about the things that happen in Pregnancy that I didn't expect,

1. I didn't expect to have people comment on my bump, I knew that people would look at it and might mention the fact that I am pregnant but I never actually imagined that people would make comments about how I look. I always assumed that it was the same as when you're not pregnant and that commenting that someone looks "massive" tends to be frowned upon however apparently when you are pregnant people seem to lose the filter that they use in every day life.

2. You will compare yourself to every other pregnant person on the planet. If you see someone in the street you will look at her bump and wonder if she's more or less pregnant than you or if your bump looks as beautiful and perfectly round as hers does. Us mummy's are so paranoid about our little ones and just want to make sure that they are growing how they should be and sometimes I don't think we realise how much we worry.

3. I never expected the baby kicks to make me feel sick. The first few kicks and rolls that I felt were very difficult to describe and I expected it to be this wonderful, amazing feeling like a little fluttery feeling but for me it felt more like a heart palpitation but in my tummy rather than my heart but it still gave me that sicky feeling. Sorry baby mummy still loves you even if you moving does make her want to vomit and feels like some kind of weird alien!

4. I didn't expect to fall in love with the alien in my belly feeling but it's truly the best feeling in the whole world and having her reacting to things is absolutely amazing! She likes 80's music, she likes when I tap my belly, she likes to listen to her daddy, she likes when I go swimming, she likes when I recline on the bed and give her space to move, she reacts when I sing (i'm not sure she likes this one or if she's telling me to shut up!), she doesn't like scans, she doesn't like fizzy juice or anything really cold. she doesn't like when I cry and she gives these little reassuring kicks that instantly make everything better

5. I never expected to fall so deeply in love with someone that I have never met, she's the best thing that has ever happened and in a way even though being pregnant is so hard, i'm just not sure that I am ready to share her yet, shes like my little secret when she gives me little nudges and kicks and it just makes me smile to know that she's there.

6. I never expected to know her yet. I know this sounds silly but there are so many things that I know about her that other people don't, I know what she likes and I know her little routines. I know how active she is and at what times, it's an amazing feeling to have such a strong bond with her already.

These are just a few things that I didn't expect to experience in pregnancy, there are probably thousands more that sleep deprivation has made me forget but these are the main ones that I have actually managed to remember!!

Speak soon,

Leigh xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment