Today's post is an important one, I may as well start at the beginning of the story so this is where it begins,
On the 26th of September we were just chilling out in the house when David turned to me and told me that he thought that I might be pregnant, I hadn't had any symptoms and didn't think it was possible as I had taken a test only 2 days earlier and had gotten a big fat negative before we went away on a nice little weekend.
Being that it was the middle of the day I also knew that there was no way that even if I was pregnant the HCG levels would be nowhere near high enough at that time of the day but to humour David I gave in and took a test,
After about 30 seconds I looked at the test and there was something that I had never had before, I squinted and squinted and shouted on David to tell him that I thought that I could see something, after squinting for a few minutes we could both tell that there was definitely two pink lines
As you can see below it was really hard to see if there was a line and so I went back to tidying up while I left the test for the full 5 minutes
After another few minutes David went back into the bathroom and came out with a huge smile on his face. He came back through with the test and handed it to me, this time I could definitely see the line and just couldn't believe it, I think I was in shock for most of the day, probably even longer.
The next morning I still couldn't believe it and so took another test just to make sure, and then again the next day, all were blinding positives!
After this I phoned the doctor to make an appointment and surprise surprise she was full until the 14th of October and I really wanted some advice as I am on Propanalol for Hemiplegic Migraines, the neurologist had advised that it was fine to stay on the drug while pregnant but when I spoke to another doctor she told me to come off them straight away. I had this weird niggle in my head telling me not to come off them like my regular doctor had told me and so I cut down the dose but didn't stop.
Eventually we managed to speak to the doctor not long ago and she agreed that staying on them was better for both my health and the baby's health but advised that I cut the dose exactly like I had, I was just so glad that I listened to my gut and made up my own mind about what was best for the both of us.
Leigh x



No comments:
Post a Comment