Monday, 26 December 2016

Old Wives Tales - Gender Prediction

For this post I am going to be talking about the Old Wives Tales for predicting gender of baby. All of these are just for fun and on the 30th of December we will know for definite what baby is from our scan so we can see if any of these are true!! 

Chinese Gender Chart - this one is a chart online which checks by your age at conception time as well as the month of conception and going by these the baby is a BOY

Mayan Gender Chart - similarly to the Chinese gender chart this one goes by age at conception and year of conception, 2 even or odd numbers gives a girl result and one even and one odd gives a boy result, my age at time of conception was 23 and the year was 2016 giving a BOY result

Baby's Heart Rate - this one goes by the heart rate of the baby a rate of less than 140 means boy and more that 140 means girl, our baby has a heart rate of 148 and so this is a result for GIRL

Ring On A String - this one involves tying your wedding ring to a string and hanging it over the baby, since I don't have a wedding ring we used the engagement one instead. If the ring swings back and forward it's a result for a boy and if it goes in a circle then it's a girl. Ours stopped moving altogether and then all of a sudden started swinging back and forward meaning BOY

Colder Feet - this one is based on how cold your feet are. if they are colder than before then you are said to be having a boy and if they stay the same then you are having a girl. My feet have been pretty much the same so i'm going with GIRL on this one.

Carrying High or Low - since I am only 16 weeks it's hard to tell but for this but I have asked David and he says low so this result means BOY

Dry Hands - this one is all about the dryness of your hands, as of recently I have noticed that my hands are dryer but i'm not sure if that's just because it's winter or not. going by this it claims that I am having a BOY

Sweet vs Salty Cravings - in the very beginning of pregnancy I was craving sweets because they were the only thing that took the sickness away, now I am having cravings for KFC, specifically Zinger Burgers and Hot Wings so now it would suggest that I am having a BOY

Moodiness - this one I asked David about and he said that I have definitely been more moody during pregnancy which suggests that baby is a GIRL

Better Skin - I wouldn't really say that my skin has been better but it's not been any worse, I get one or two spots every now and then but nothing much at all, so this one means that baby is maybe a BOY

What Side I Sleep On - I am definitely more comfy on my left side than my right, sometimes I even get pains when sleeping on the right side and so this suggests another point for BOY

Sickness - I think we all know the answer for this one! Definitely sick, a lot, so this one is a point for GIRL

Headaches - recently I have had a few headaches more than at the beginning which suggests BOY

Mum's Intuition - GIRL

Dad's Intuition - BOY

So this means that there are 10 points for Boy and 5 points for Girl so overwhelmingly Boy results, hopefully we can find out on Friday to see what baby really is and see if any of these are true!! :)

Leigh   

No comments:

Post a Comment