Here is my week 8 update! This was the week where I had my first midwife appointment which didn't go very well and on the same day as meeting her I requested a transfer and now have a new midwife.
SYMPTOMS
This week symptoms have been much the same as before although I have definitely got on top of the morning sickness, i'm starting to have moments where I really want certain food but I think it's too soon for proper cravings, this week it was really strongly flavoured pickled onion Walkers crisps, baby is obviously just like mummy! This week I have been drinking a lot more water which is less of a symptom and more of an action on my part, I am also starting to get my appetite back sometimes which is really nice because I haven't been eating a lot at all. Also today for the first time I experienced real fatigue! I honestly thought that I was going to fall asleep at my desk or in the toilet at work but then when I got home all I did was clean the whole house which anyone who knows me knows is very out of character!
SIZE OF BABY
At 8 weeks the baby is the size of a Raspberry.
DEVELOPMENT
Baby's little fingers and toes are now formed however at the moment they are still webbed. Baby's lungs are developing even further this week and at this stage baby is growing by about 1 millimetre every day!
RANDOM FACT
This is the week where baby is no longer known as an embryo but rather as a foetus.
![]() |
| Image from http://center.babygaga.com/calendar/pregnancy |

No comments:
Post a Comment