Monday, 2 January 2017

Bump Update - Week 7

Hey everyone,

Welcome to my week 7 update.

SYMPTOMS 

The symptoms this week are similar to last week but more intense, morning sickness is well under way and what started as a feeling of nausea has turned into full blown sickness, at the moment I am just trying to learn how to deal with the symptoms on a day to day basis as every day is slightly different.

I am finding that eating small and often helps however my stomach has shrunk and what used to seem like a very measly amount of food now fills me completely, nothing food wise sounds good but I have discovered that salt and vinegar crisps seem to take away the nausea. Another thing that I have tried are Ginger Nut biscuits as well as Ginger Ale but the biscuits seem to be the favourite at the moment because I am struggling with anything remotely carbonated as it makes me gassy.

Another weird symptom that hit this week is constipation, I wont go into details but lets just say it's not pleasant.

SIZE OF BABY

At 7 weeks baby is the size of a blueberry.

DEVELOPMENT

At week 7 the baby's brain is growing rapidly and it's head will be large in proportion to the rest of it's body, the inner ear starts to develop this week however wont be visible on the outside for another few weeks. Baby's little arm and leg buds start to form into cartilage which will eventually develop into bone, these arm buds are getting longer and flattening at the ends which will become baby's tiny hands  

RANDOM FACT

At this stage in pregnancy baby has already gone through 3 sets of Kidneys and this week it will start to develop the final set 


Image from http://center.babygaga.com/calendar/pregnancy

No comments:

Post a Comment